Sunday 14 May 2017

040 - Busselton (6/5/17)

Today was a reasonably low key day, as I feel we are using Busselton to perhaps recharge the batteries and cool the tyres for a little while.

The morning didn’t consist of much more than pottering and a trip to the local market place which offered an array of organic foods, clothing and other ‘natural’ solutions. It was quite the quirky little place and whilst I’d love to support more of the ‘small guy’, the prices were simply too inflated for our family to justify as life on the road.

Still, it was a relaxed little place and certainly worth the stop in if it’s your kind of thing.

It did have a little kids corner that our 3 found entertaining enough to keep them there for the 20min B and I strolled around.

I came back to find Sam with this. He called it his version of "Hard Jenga". I like it. Dibs not going first Sam.

Your standard fare, lots of whispy colours, hemp clothes, organic this and that.

This place I liked for a couple of reasons. The empty jars are recycled and you take them to the counter to get weighed. Then you simply go around the shop and fill them with whatever grains or raw ingredients you are after. Buy what you need rather than in set amounts. Secondly, that's simply the biggest tub of honey I've even seen. Yum!!

In the afternoon Joe had generously offered to drive B and Teresa around for the afternoon visiting various wineries without the distraction of the kids. Based on the smiles and booty of bottles on their return, I would say touring the Margaret River region without children is the much preferred mode of travelling.

I can’t really add too much to this part of the day as I wasn’t there, so if you’ve got any queries or comments, you’ll need to check in with B. The photos do show quite a few nice venues were attended though.

OK... some choices then.

Strange looking winery... but then the one I was in was all about cars so I shouldn't comment.

Still no obvious signs of wineries...

Are they vineyards in the background??

Umm..  there's a joke in here about a cow. But one must tread very carefully... :)

I reckon this is a stock google image photo B downloaded to pretend she went to the wineries...

Whilst they were gone, I had plans of taking the kids perhaps to the caves nearby or a spot of fishing. But when I approached them to ask them, they were far too playing with various caravan buddies from around the caravan park. I took the opportunity to tidy the truck a bit, potter in the van and listen to and watch some footy on the phone in peace.

The other 3 adults returned fish and chips in hand and we all scoffed them down in the caravan park kitchen like seagulls at the beach. Sam and Joe finished the evening in the games room after Joe conceded that Richmond were eventually going to get done. Again.


Ahh Richmond. The gift that keeps on giving.

No comments:

Post a Comment