Tuesday 2 May 2017

027 - Lucky Bay (23/4/17)

Over a couple of beers the night before, Joe and I decided that we’d do the “hard walk” from Cape Le Grande to Hellfire Beach. And yes, before anyone mentions it, it was highlighted many times that we were finishing at Hellfire and not Thistle Cove…

Teresa dropped Joe and I off whilst I believe B and the kids did, umm..., something.

Met straight away with a really tough start straight up a hill face with some exceptionally large steps. It didn’t take long before Joe and I started swapping war stories about bad knees and “not being as young as we used to”.

The walk across was very impressive, and from my perspective wasn’t as hard as Frenchmans Peak. Greeted by a plethora of wild flowers and landscape colours, I spotted our first legless friend, albeit a very small example of one. “Where was Mum” was what I questioned to Joe.

But perhaps the highlight, for Joe at least, was when I went face to face (or abdomen to belly) with quite a large and colourful spider. Not noticing the web across the path I walked straight into it and at the last minute spied the arachnid. Defying most of Newton’s laws of physics I levitated back along the path, thankfully without dragging the spider with me. I’m no arachnophobe but I don’t need to share personal space with them.

A quick little work to disrupt his web and send him into the flora somewhere, we scurried past before the 8 legged cavalry were called.

The view from the mountain top above Hellfire Bay was spectacular, which dare I say, is becoming a norm around this part of the world.

Yep... still struggling to understand the association with "Hellfire". Is just an amazing spot.

Not sure what these orange flowers are, but they were pretty cool.

Joe and I were happy for the overcast conditions, despite them making it more difficult to nail the landscape pic.

This photo was taken from at least 25m away.

Apparently this is what the kids got up to. Now there's a change...

Met in the picnic area with the Sam, Evie and B, I was about to set off for LB from there, but it was decided that with the kids in tow, we’d head off from Thistle Cove for a relatively easy stroll there.
In desperate need a shower (actually, not sure… when was my last one??) B and the kids took off to the beach whilst I used some more van water and sat down in the van to listen, without much hope, to the Hawks/Eagles game at the G.

And I tell you, being able to sit there quietly in the van, with a couple of mid afternoon beers listen to the Hawks stuff the Eagles was absolutely bliss.

The noise makers returned around ¾ time, and I warned them if things were starting to go south, they were going to be sent back to the beach. Thankfully things only got better and the Hawks thankfully gifted us with the opportunity to swan around in this state without any issue wearing our Hawks gear.
In fact, this is how we turned up to Joe and Teresa’s van when invited for Sunday Roast….

Was good to roll out the jumpers. We have a rule, anything not used by Perth gets sent home. These were looking shaky there at one stage...


Today was a good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment