Monday 1 May 2017

026 - Lucky Bay (22/4/17)

Another awesome day greeted us in LB and today B took the opportunity to head into town with Teresa for a bit of “girly” time.

Which left me Acting Principal of the School of Gecko, much to the chagrin of the kids. It appears that I’m not quite as cool as Mum, nor as tolerant to silliness or procrastinating. So in the van the kids stayed until they’d done their work and I had tidied and reorganised the rear of the truck.

Eventually however the school bell went (metaphorically) and the four of us jumped in the truck to trundle around to some unseen spots.

First spot was the 6km dirt road trek to Rossiter Bay. I say “dirt road” but it seemed hardly a road. In some parts I found it smoother and easier to drive in the roadside drain than across the corrugations in the ‘road’. And judging by the tracks down there, I wasn’t the first.

Out at Rossiter Bay we were met by a comparatively un-inspiring seaweed infested bay which seemed OK for a bit of rock fishing and not much else.

Still we enjoyed jumping around in the dunes and rocks. The novelty was clearly not wearing off on anyone.

Following that we took off down Lucky Bay all the way around to the far end of the beach. Really, I should have let the tyres down because as we progressed down the beach the sand got a little bit more chopped up and harder to navigate in. Still, I figured, if I got bogged, then hey, I’ve got 3 little helpers who love digging holes!! But we didn’t get bogged, but I got plenty of giggles from the cheap seats as we slid and drifted our way along the sand.

At the end we parked and scurried up on to the rocks where the four of us sat for a while, mesmerised by the waves coming up onto the rocks in front of us. We looked back down LB and saw it from a completely point view. Still just as impressive.

It's quite the unique parking spot...

...and whilst I have nervous imaginations of being swept into the ocean, I think we played it safe enough. Beach driving = awesome

Not often you get peace between the 3 of them at such proximity. I thought I nailed it with this picture whilst out there...

...until I nabbed this one a bit later on. My absolute favourite pic of the trip so far.

Eventually we drove back where the girls soon returned and we had Taco’s in the van for tea.


Mental note: Taco’s are “outside van” food.

2 comments:

  1. There are lots of "outside van food" with 5yo and under.................lol

    ReplyDelete