Tuesday 2 May 2017

028 - Lucky Bay (24/4/17)

Today we woke up to our last full day in LB. I’m not sure how long I could stay at this place, but I don’t think anyone was getting remotely sick of it.

B had decided to replicate Joe and my walk the day to trundle between Cape Le Grande and Hellfire. We played it safe by ensuring Teresa was going to pick them up…

From all accounts, uneventful, which I’m pretty bloody grateful for.

I'm pretty sure Moo nailed this shot.

Group shot...

Could do with a mow...

In the meantime, Joe, James and I walked around to the rocks at the near end of LB to try our luck. It’d been a few days since any of the Whites had any piscatorial succuss but James and I were determined to change it.

Thankfully we did and we now refer to James as “Double Hook-Up Bob” when fishing as he jagged two colourful fish in one rig. He was really chuffed with it and couldn’t wait to tell Mum about it. Joe and I also roped in a couple to round out a nice half dozen between us for a fun couple of hours. Still nothing edible, but not too worried about that.

Yep... two on the same rig. He was stoked.

Contemplative and yet constantly interactive. Not much peace and quiet when he's around. Still, as usual, Joe and I loved his company

And to finish our final afternoon in LB, we did what we seem to do best. We headed down to the white sand and dug a hole. And yep, it filled with water.

We got back to find the walkers already done. And these two playing scrabble of all things.

Another day. Another cartwheel pic from Moo. 19 to get around this hole apparently.

Forget TV’s. Cinemas. Tablets. PCs or Playstations. Whilst I’m sure they’d love them too, they seem very very happy with a shovel and some sand and a beach to play on.

Hopefully it won’t be our last trip back here.

No comments:

Post a Comment